Today we announced our adoption of WordPress by sending an email to our existing website customers. We wanted to inform our customers of our change to the use of WordPress’ CMS capabilities. We also wanted to outline some of the many benefits that they will receive if their website is converted to WordPress. We found in converting our website to WordPress, that as we worked through the process, we had many other ideas for revisions, improvements, and additions, which we included. We feel that as a result, out website is substantially improved.
The major benefits that we think our new and existing customers will receive are the following:
- It is a very efficient development, updating and maintenance CMS.
- 74.6 million websites and blogs are based on WP. Therefore, it is well tested, stable and well designed and developed.
- It is an on-line CMS which is accessed for development and updating with a browser. Therefore, it is Operating System independent.
- It is mobile friendly, with many themes automatically converting desktop displays to mobile displays to accommodate the device’s display format. This is very important because every year more users access websites by mobile devices than before.
- It has broad functionality which provides for easy expansion of your website’s features to include a range of options such as: event calendars and ecommerce. It also integrates very well with social media.
We are looking forward to working with WordPress and the benefits it will produce for our customers.